10 Good reasons to consider an IUD 1. IUD's are 20 times more effective than the traditional pill, patch or ring.
2. IUD's as well as implants are THE SAFEST prescription based contraceptive available to women.
3. A women is 4-10 times more likely to develop a potentially fatal blood clot if she uses the traditional pill, patch or ring than if she uses an IUD or implant.
4. NOTHING TO REMEMBER or TAKE for up to 12 years.
5. The Paragard non-hormonal based IUD lasts up to 12 years without you having to remember, or take anything.
6. The Liletta and Skyla progestin based IUD lasts up to 3 years without you having to remember, or take anything.
7. The Mirena progestin based IUD lasts up to 5 years without having to remember, or take anything.
8. The most knowledgeable women are using it. IUDs are the most popular choice for female health care providers who do counseling around family planning, such as obstetricians, gynecologists, midwives, and nurses. According to a study published in Obstetrics & Gynecology, of the health care providers surveyed who reported using contraception, 40 percent used IUDs.
9. They’re safe for teens and women who haven’t had children.
10. Compatibility with changing lifestyle needs. The IUD is the most easily reversible long-term birth control option.